Sunday 15 June 2014

Lily's Diary Entry no.1: Andrew Scott is basically my friend now

The last couple of months have pretty much been a flash of exams and failed revision attempts. After my final exam I expected it to feel different or freeing or something but it's pretty much the same for me, I didn't do a whole lot during the exam period and now will most likely continue not to do much for the 3 month holiday we now have. I could really use a job as motivation to do something and be productive, but as Ella pointed out in her post yesterday its a pain in the arse being some of the youngest in the year, so it still looks like getting up after noon every day is very much part of the plan for me, when I say part of the plan there isn't a plan and I have no idea what I'm going to do. Maybe I should have a plan.


It's kinda funny to think that the I probably won't see most of the people I have been at school with for the past 5 years again but I'm not sure how much I really mind, I reckon it will be a positive thing going to college and meeting some new people, anyway our year have this thing going on where no one talks to anyone outside their friendship groups (which made for a great last day when our whole year were together but awkwardly sheltering in little circles of comfort friends).

One of the good things about it being the end of school is that everyone is having more house parties, some of them have been pretty interesting, the peak of this being 'The Strypes guitarist guy incident' as it shall now be called, that Ella explained in her post. Apart from that its just nice to see some people before we all go off our separate ways and never see each other again.

YAY.

Things went so fast, it feels like only a week ago that I left the house, my little 11 year old self weighed down by my inevitably enormous bag as I went to my first day of secondary school. What the hell? I'm gonna need to start looking in to pension plans soon at this rate.

In London a couple of weeks ago I saw a play called 'Birdland' at The Royal Court Theatre, I think it ended a few weeks ago so I won't go in to recommending it or anything but it was very good, Andrew Scott was in the play (the actor who played Moriarty in the BBC's Sherlock) and afterwards he came outside and we met him which was really cool. The title of this post might be a bit of a lie... but I bet if we had 5 more minutes we would be best friends so whatever ok?!

On another note, I have discovered that the best way to eat chips is when you are almost too drunk to walk in a straight line but not quite. I was at a party and wasn't having a very good time, it was good and everything but I had just got myself a little bit uncomfortably drunk, in my obviously very sensible mind I decided that this would be a good time to walk home so I left, luckily my friend came with me so I wasn't completely on my own stumbling through town. On our way through the high street we stopped at this place to get chips, after we got them we found a nice quiet bench and I can honestly say they were the best chips of my life. There's something delicious about not fully being able to taste the chips, its just very good. After that it was a nice quite stroll home, the night had been saved by chips.

Lily x

No comments:

Post a Comment